Craps Money Management
Just like in slots or any other casino game, bankroll and money management has an important role to play in Craps. Below are some of the things to keep in mind when playing Craps so that you can extend your benkroll just that little bit further, or even increase your winnings.
Tips for Effective Money Management Strategy in Craps
• Always bet an amount that you are comfortable losing. Craps is a game of chance so you can, and will, lose during some sessions. Work out how much you want to spend that day and when you lose it, stop playing despite what has happened.
• After you have decided the amount that you are ready to risk, find out how much time you exactly want to spend playing Craps and the bets that you are planning to try. Divide your budget accordingly or better, equally for each bet and don’t risk a large part of your bankroll on a single game.
• It’s essential that you have a complete understanding of the game before you risk your money in it. If you are still learning, make small bets. As you get better, you can increase the amount of money that you want to bet with.
• Make sensible bets. Opt for pass line bets, don’t pass line bets, come bets and don’t come bets as much as possible (if you are strict about money management). There is a very low risk level in these bets. Most make the Pass Line Bet with a house edge of 1.41%. Don’t pass line bet has an even lower house edge of 1.40% but remember that you will usually be playing against the rest of the table, likely making you an unpopular player.
• With the come out roll, make the Free Odds Bet(odds bet). You can increase you bet and winnings without increasing the house edge.
• Find the Craps table with the best deal. That is, the table that offers the maximum odd bets. It will help you to lower the house edge even further.
• As you are winning and making money, it is a good idea to keep a part of your profit away from your starting stake. Play with what is left. This will help to prevent you from losing everything you came to the Craps game with if you have a bad session.
• Don’t spend your hard earned money on other Craps games where the house edge is more than normal.
• You can buy chips in phases. This will help you to save your bankroll for future bets. You also get a better idea of how much you are losing because you keep re-depositing money rather than steadily depleting one large deposit.
• Don’t be influenced to bet more just because someone tells you their “system” is flawless.
• Try not to play when you are inebriated. There is a reason why most offline casinos offer free or reduced price alcoholic drinks to their customers. If you play while under the influence of a substance, you may find yourself making poor, rash decisions that you wouldn’t normally make while sober.
Last Tips on Craps Money Management
Do your best to not let others influence how you play (especially high rollers). Whether you are playing online Craps or playing at a live casino, there will always be distractions.
Keep your emotions under control as best as possible, but still enjoy the game as much as you can.